I was nominated by Dare to Dream, Live to Write and she said that she loves reading my writing updates and poetry which is really nice. Thank you Jessica!! I love reading your updates and your writing too!! 🙂
10 questions to answer
- What is your favourite part of writing?
My favourite part of writing is the way that it captures my attention. When I know that I am getting somewhere with an idea and my mind is lost in the character’s world, I feel infinite, almost like reality cannot catch up with me when I am in that place.
- What is your ultimate end goal with your writing?
I want to publish a novel. I am currently writing my first novel titled The Diary of Sylvie James which is about a teenage girl who is diagnosed with cancer. She lets us into her world by telling us her journey through diary entries. I am at 16,000 words so far and hopefully in the next eighteen months I can finish it and send it off to publishers.
- If you can describe yourself in one word what would it be? Creative. I love to be creative. I write, I sing, I love music and I play the guitar and piano. I also love to read and I am slightly obsessed with buying new books when I have plenty to read.
- What five books do you have on your nearest bookshelf?
I will list the last five books I bought from Waterstones which are: Trouble by Non Pratt, How We Met by Katy Regan, Ten Things I’ve Learnt About Love by Sarah Butler, Dear Thing by Julie Cohen and The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon.
- If you could go back in time to meet a famous writer who is now dead, who would it be?
I would love to meet William Wordsworth because I love his poetry but it would also be cool to meet Shakespeare.
- How would you handle if someone you wouldn’t be able to write any more?
I don’t think I would be able to cope at all. Writing is a therapy for me. I have been writing since the age of five, poems at first and slowly but surely I started to write stories. I would be lost without the outlet to write in any form.
- If you met your future self, what would you hope they would be like?
I hope that my future self is happy and successful. I hope she realises that it is the little things in life that matter and I hope she doesn’t get too caught up in trying to get published and enjoys writing like I do now.
- What is your work in progress right now?
The Diary of Sylvie James, my YA novel.
I am currently writing a few short stories and I hope to build a collection and I am always writing poetry.
- What do you listen to when you are writing? Or do you sit in silence?
Sometimes I like to sit in silence but if I do want background noise I listen to instrumental piano or guitar music. I tend to only listen to music with words if I am just reading through chapters or making small edits because otherwise it distracts me.
- What is your ideal writing spot?
I can write pretty much anywhere but I like to be comfortable so I sit on the sofa in the living room with my laptop on my laptop tray and just write. I really wish I had a desk sometimes but I know that sitting on a desk chair for hours and hours would not be great for me.
Tag You’re it:
Writing Madness – http://www.bethanyhatheway.wordpress.com
I really enjoy Beth’s blog and I particularly like reading her original fiction.
Insane Owl – http://www.Insaneowl.com
I love Fiza’s blog, it is very professional and is always updated with original work and blogs about writing.Live to Write, Write to Live – http://www.nhwn.wordpress.com
I love this website. It’s very informative and has many of tips and advice on anything writing related.
Poetree Creations – http://www.poetreecreations.org
A brilliant blog about poetry, I was fortunate enough to have one of my poems on my blog reblogged by this blog too.